The UIU Advantage
Trying to decide between a career in agriculture and business? Why not have both? Ag Business graduates are in high demand by a variety of businesses, both big and small. The knowledge, skills, and hands-on experiences you learn from helpful instructors with real-world expertise are your first step to a successful, versatile and fulfilling career.
Why Agricultural Business at UIU?
- UIU is one of only a few small, private four-year ag business programs in Iowa.
- You are in demand when you graduate from UIU—nearly all agricultural business grads are employed before or shortly after graduation.
- UIU partners with North Iowa Community College’s campus in Calmar, Iowa, to offer online Ag classes for UIU students.
- The program is offered for Fayette Campus students.
- Key program courses include the business core, Money and Capital Markets, and Small Business Management.
- A minor is available in Agricultural Sales.
Explore Your Program
Agricultural Business Courses
See course descriptions for the classes you need for your Agricultural Business degree, as well as any general education requirements.
Keep up with your academic program’s registration deadlines, session dates, holiday breaks and exam schedules.
Careers in Agricultural Business
A degree prepares you for many careers, such as ag lender, agronomist, certified crop advisor, co-op manager, corn grain merchandiser, crop scout, parts manager (e.g., implement dealership), sales manager, salesperson, and seed grain operations manager.
Darcy Kroemer, '12
Agricultural Business and Environmental Sciences
My undergraduate experience at Upper Iowa helped prepare me for my career in crop breeding research. My day to day tasks are a combination of hands on, in-the-field activities, but I also utilize technical skills at the office to carry out these tasks. The Ag Business program was instrumental in defining these technical skills I use nearly every day; from communicating data collection, analyzing and presenting information, and project planning and task management.
Convenient, Focused Scheduling
UIU Agricultural Business students have the advantage of focusing on fewer classes at once with the Two-at-a-Time schedule.
The Agricultural Business bachelor’s degree program is offered through UIU’s School of Business and Professional Studies.
When you’re ready to apply for your bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Business, we’re ready to help you every step of the way.
Go Further with an MBA
Earned your undergraduate degree in Agricultural Business? Consider UIU’s MBA program to advance your career even further.